Continued updates on COVID-19
Late in the day on Tuesday, March 17th, the CDC issued a recommendation to postpone all routine eye care for the next few weeks, and we at White Bear Eye Clinic have decided to follow their recommendation. As of Wednesday, March 18th we will be open for urgent and emergent patient needs only. While our preference would be to see all of our patients as scheduled, that is not what is in the best interest of the community. We are doing what is best for the community as a whole.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- 1. If you have an appointment scheduled between 3/18 and 3/31, we will contact you to reschedule. If you are a contact lens wearer and you are in need of a contact lens supply to last until your appointment, we can order boxes of contact lenses for you and we will have curbside pickup available during clinic hours.
- 2. If you have ordered contact lenses from us recently and have not yet picked them up, we will have curbside pickup available during clinic hours.
- 3. If you have glasses ready for pickup from our clinic we will contact you to determine if you’d like them shipped to you OR if you’d prefer curbside pickup. We will not be offering in office dispensing until further notice.
- 4. We will still be available for your urgent needs like eye infections, eye injuries, medication refills, etc. Please call our office if you have an acute need and our optometrists and technicians will work together to triage who needs to be seen urgently or if you would be a good candidate for a TeleHealth visit.
- 5. We will have someone in our office to address your needs Monday through Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm. We will be closed on Saturdays until we resume seeing routine patients.
It is our pleasure to provide you with high quality eye care, especially during this challenging season. We are doing our best to balance limiting exposure to the virus with continued access to care so that individuals with pressing eye care needs do not contribute to the overwhelming situation our urgent care clinics and hospitals will soon face.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.